FBFF- FAD Wagon

This weeks questions are based around fads, trends, and our desire to be part of the 'in' crowd.

1.Do you ever see a fad hit the stores and immediately dislike it? Has that fad ever began to grow on you?

I've only seen one, which was the recently launched Missoni line at Target. I don't think I really understand this fad and the immediacy to get it. I don't really see anything special about the patterns or colors used and they kind of give me a headache when I look at them too long. 

2. Has the popularity of a certain piece of clothing or line ever convinced you to try on something (or purchase something) you dislike?

It has definitely convinced me to try things on- which is always good. Sometimes you need a kick to try new things, but it has never convinced me to buy something. My body shape is pretty particular and I would never buy a trend if it looked bad on me.  

3. Have you ever changed your mind about a trend after seeing it around for a while? 

 Yes. High waisted pleated pants. I remember having to wear them in middle school for band concerts- yes, I was a band nerd- and they looked awful. When you already have hips, pleats are not needed! But I've really started to like the look of them lately. With a sheer top and heels they become rather chic. 



4. Do you feel a certain pressure to have specific items in your closet because 'everyone' else does?

No, not at all because I mainly shop vintage now. I look for classic pieces that I can keep for a while and are versatile enough to be worn through all types of Chicago weather.


5. Be honest, what do you think of the Missoni Line? Did you grab any items? Is it worth the eBay prices?

Ha. See #1. I didn't buy any of them and I think the eBay prices are absurd. Not to knock anyone, but if your into something that bad you can always find tutorials/ make your tutorial and do a DIY version of what you want.

Don't forget to check out all the other answers over at Modly Chic

Delane  – (October 9, 2011 at 11:28 AM)  

I actually liked the line at Target. But I liked Missoni prior to it launching at Target. I've always had a thing for their knitwear and zig zags.

Fad I cannot get into, open toe boots. Why? I don't get them.

I have tried the ankle pant that is currently a trend with minimal success.

Nnenna  – (October 9, 2011 at 9:37 PM)  

I think that is one good things about trends- they give me that extra push to try out something that I wouldn't ordinarily try!

starcrossedsmile knits
star-crossed smile

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP