Date Night

I follow lots of lovely bloggers, though most seem to be married or involved. So what about all those single bloggers out there?

I've started dating again, and most of the set ups have been pretty random. So how do you dress for a first date with someone you don't really know? I'm a girl who likes to do her research, and the internet is full of wonderful and useless information. You are bound to find a picture/ something that lets on to your "others" sense of style. Here are 3 questions I always ask before I get dressed for a date:

1) Where are you going? 

To a bar or restaurant? Bike riding or rock climbing? Inside or outside? Dress appropriately and always be prepared to change locations. Some dates last an hour, some last ....longer =).

2) How does he dress?

A first date is always a little nerve racking for one or both parties. You always want your date to be comfortable. If he's more chill, don't get all gussied up in your prom dress. He could end up feeling a bit embarrassed/ overwhelmed or feel you're a bit out of his league. 

3) Is this me?

Regardless of the 2 questions above, always bring it back to you. Are you comfortable? Do you feel good with what you are wearing? I don't believe in putting on my best "self" at the beginning and then eventually letting them see that you are a sweat pants girl (which I'm not, but that's totally cool if you are!). Be honest. As my mom says "If it works, great! If not, there'll be another bus(man) along in 5."

❤❤


Bri  – (January 12, 2012 at 9:54 PM)  

I love this date outfit, interesting details and sequins always win me over! Your mom's saying is fabulous and of course she's right!

Katie  – (January 13, 2012 at 7:24 AM)  

Great outfit. I absolutely loooove that top, and sequins are always awesome. Somehow you manage to look under-stated in them!? You're magic!

Emmett Katherine  – (January 15, 2012 at 6:55 AM)  

You look really pretty, this is perfect for a first date! I love that sparkly skirt, it looks great paired with the chiffon. very romatic look.

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP