FBFF

This weeks FBFF is all about nails Which is hard for me since I never do mine. I get pretty picky with my nails and the second they chip, it's time to take off the polish. But I put that aside today and came up with this:
It's my version of "newspaper" nails. I think typewriter font on nails looks lovely, but I got to thinking what else could you use besides newspaper. I scrounged up some old sheet music and a 1950's Vintage Vogue Magazine. They worked out just as well as news paper did. 

Here is what you need:

Rubbing Alcohol
Base Color (preferably light, I went with a peach and a gold)
Sheet music, printed picture. Cut out the sections you want to use.
Clear Top Coat

Step 1: Paint your nails a base color

Step 2: Stick your nail in rubbing alcohol for about 10 seconds.

Step 3: Place your cut out on your nail and press down for 15 seconds. Then slowly peel the cut out off your nail.

Step 4: Paint your nails with a clear top coat...and your done!



Don't forget to check out all the other wonderful tutorials at Lifestyles of the Thrifty and Shameless!

❤❤

Unknown  – (August 14, 2011 at 4:33 AM)  

This is completely genius and such a cute spin on the 'newspaper' detail. I love it!

http://thriftyandshameless.blogspot.com

Mother in Heels  – (August 15, 2011 at 10:31 AM)  

Cute idea! You could do so many different things with that technique.

Tara @ Haute Lunch  – (August 20, 2011 at 7:41 PM)  

These turned out so well! I love your take on "newspaper" nails! It was great to meet you tonight! I hope we can all get together again soon!

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP